Tuesday 5 October 2021

Geometric Mocha Double Flip Out Journal Spots

When I saw the sketch for Week #680 on the Sketch Saturday challenge, I knew that it would be perfect for the Geometric Mocha journals which I'm working on this month:



I decided to combine this with the "Back to School" challenge on the Cut It Up Challenge Blog, where the challenge is to follow a tutorial. I decided to follow a tutorial by Camelia Crafts Designs to make Easy Double Flip Out Journaling Spots. These journal spots are simple to make - basically an accordion folded inner with card-stock covers. 

I created the covers for my journal spots by layering 2 die-cut journaling cards on top of each other. The top layer has a cut away design so that the underneath layer showed through. The front cover has a spotty design, which I decorated with more die cuts using the sketch above, whereas the back cover has an overlapping circle design. I used coffee-died graph paper to make the internal pages:

Geometric Mocha Double Flip Out Journal Spots

I made 3 journal spots, which will be clipped to pages in the junk journals:

Geometric Mocha Double Flip Out Journal Spots on Journal Pages

I'm entering these journal spots in the following challenges:

  1. Beyond the Blue - BB35 Layered Die Cuts
  2. Allsorts Challenge - Week 644 I Love - I really love die-cutting! 
  3. Sketch Saturday - #680
  4. Cut It Up Challenge Blog - Challenge 235 Back to School - Follow a Tutorial
  5. The Creative Crafters - Challenge 44 Anything Goes


7 comments:

  1. Wow that is utterly fabulous!! The layered die cuts add such a textural beauty! Thank you for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab makes, I love the papers.
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's different double flip out journaling spots; great idea and tutorial executed well. I like the papers that you used.

    Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Back to School Tutorial challenge.

    Treva
    https://scrappint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great in the neutral colours, many thanks for sharing a crafty 'I love....' with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever and the colour scheme is very effective. Thanks for joking us at this week’s Allsorts challenge
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project. Thanks for joining in with my theme at Allsorts challenge this week.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really clever! I like how you've added them to your journal with the paper clip so when you're ready to write or re-read them, they're easily accessible!

    Thanks for sharing your Back to School - Tutorial project with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Peek-a-Boo Snowmen Christmas Cards / Journal Cards

I've been having a lot of fun joining in various papercraft challenges, and particularly enjoy combining several different challenges in...