Tuesday 9 November 2021

Girly Christmas Card Using the At Christmas Collection by Lucy Cromwell

Today, I wanted to create a Christmas card using the Papermania "At Christmas" collection by Lucy Cromwell. I was browsing through the Paper Playful blog looking for a suitable challenge, when the sketch from the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown caught my eye:


I particularly liked the wide sentiment strip going across the design which isn't something that I'd normally think to do. 

I wanted to combine this with another challenge which I spotted a couple of days ago - the latest As You Like It Challenge is to use your favourite circle embellishment. As soon as I saw that, I knew that I needed to create a card using self-adhesive gemstones. The packs that I have are from DoCrafts and each pack includes a variety of shades of the same colour in a range of sizes. I bought these a few years ago and have used them a lot. I still have quite a few in some colours, but the red and pink are nearly finished, so these ones are clearly my favourite! Even though I'm trying to use up and reduce my craft stash, these will definitely need to be replaced once they're used up.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:

  1. 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - November Sketch Challenge
  2. As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Circle Embellishment
  3. Alphabet Challenge Blog - P is for Patterned Paper
  4. Dragonfly Dreams Challenge - November Challenge - Christmas / Winter
  5. Just Us Girls - Word Week #609 Merry
  6. Unstampabelles Challenges - November: Colour My World Twist: Make It Colourful
  7. Crafty Calendar Challenge - November Challenge 'Anything Goes'

12 comments:

  1. Jane, what a wonderful image to turn into a Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and unusual Christmas card. I like your colour scheme, and the festive wardrobe is a great centerpiece that would be suitable for so many different occasions. The sentiment is just the right size if you ask me, and I see that I'm not the only one who can't finish a project without adding gemstones or pearls! Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique Christmas card, and a perfect piece of coordinating paper! Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely feminine card,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jane, your card is so sweet! Love the image and the colour combo is gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining in with us this time at Crafty Calendar, hope to see you again.

    Sarah R
    Crafty Calendar DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, lovely and girly. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is fabulous, Jane. I so enjoyed that vintage inspired focal image. You have created a real gem (no pun intended)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Christmas card Jane - I really like the non-traditional colours. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's very pretty. I'd love to receive it. Dale (DT at Unstampabelles).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles

    ReplyDelete

Peek-a-Boo Snowmen Christmas Cards / Journal Cards

I've been having a lot of fun joining in various papercraft challenges, and particularly enjoy combining several different challenges in...