Tuesday 16 November 2021

Peek-a-Boo Snowmen Christmas Cards / Journal Cards


I've been having a lot of fun joining in various papercraft challenges, and particularly enjoy combining several different challenges in a single project. I'm particularly enjoying Double Trouble, because they give a main challenge and then add a couple of optional twists.

The latest challenge from Double Trouble includes the following three elements:

  • Peek-a-Boo, I See You
  • Use Twine or any Type of ribbon, string, cord, or Tape on your project
  • Use the sketch from Try Stampin' - Or Not - On Tuesday and enter your project in their challenge

Try Stampin on Tuesday #533 Sketch

The Design Team had created some awesome projects, but I was particularly inspired by Donna Scholz's side-fold card. It's been a while since I created a card with this type of side fold and it's perfect to go with this sketch!

I'm currently working on items for my Christmas-themed junk journals so I picked out some Crafters Companion "The Snowman" printed card blanks plus some Kanban snowman toppers. The card blanks are 5" x 7" and are printed on the front and back, so I picked out two of the cards, and was able to make two of the side-fold cards sized 5" x 3.5" and one sized 7" x 5".  

For the two smaller designs I used two different dies to create the windows for the snowmen to peek through. I used sentiments from the same Kanban collection, then added gemstones and baker's twine to one card and buttons and a fluffy yarn to the other. 


For the larger card I used some silver card-stock for the front of the card and layered on the second patterned card-stock, which allowed me to layer two dies for the window. I first used the larger die on the top (dotty) layer then positioned this on to the silver layer so that I could tape the smaller die in to correct place before cutting that layer. For this card I used a different sentiment and some silver thread / cord. 

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

  1. Double Trouble - Challenge # 97b Peek-a-Boo, I See You
  2. Try Stampin on Tuesday - Challenge #533 
  3. Dragonfly Dreams Challenge - November Challenge - Christmas / Winter
  4. Alphabet Challenge Blog - P is for Patterned Paper
  5. Crazy Hazlenut's Christmas Challenge - Challenge #268





11 comments:

  1. That snowman is so adorable and I love the use of the holographic paper. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, festive card love the shine and that wonderful image thank you for joining our challenge at DRAGONFLY DREAMS this month
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun how a little bit of change to the same image gives you a different look on each card. Thanks for sharing your peek-a-boos with us at Double Trouble and TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great example of how using some different products with the same basic design can all give such nice results! Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the extra shine. Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing over at Alphabet challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet fun fold holiday card! I really love that you made the circle in the sketch into a window! What a creative idea!! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane, I'm so happy my DT card was an inspiration for your adorable cards! Love the snowman peeking through! I especially like the shine you created by using silver for your card base and scalloped opening trim! Thank you so much for sharing your card and talents with BOTH Try Stampin' on Tuesday AND Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. The holographic paper packs a real punch on your card, Jane! The snowman playing Peekaboo using different options is so clever. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #97B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card with the peek-a-boo! Love the snowman and your DSP. Thanks for joining us at TSOT! Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is adorable. I like how the holographic layer turned out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun Peek-A-Boo cards Jane. Thank you for entering the Add A Button or Two or More Challenge at CHNC.

    ReplyDelete

Peek-a-Boo Snowmen Christmas Cards / Journal Cards

I've been having a lot of fun joining in various papercraft challenges, and particularly enjoy combining several different challenges in...