Sunday 3 October 2021

October 2021 Crafty Goals

October's here and it's starting to feel properly Autumnal in my part of the world. I'm not a fan of the heat, so Autumn is my favourite season - I love the changing colours of the leaves.

Last month, I really enjoyed creating junk journals and ephemera with an Autumn Leaves theme. For this month, I've decided that it would be fun to work with the DoCrafts Geometric Mocha collection. The colours remind me of Autumn, although it's a softer palette. 


I have several items from this collection, including card blanks, 12x12 papers and the A4 Ultimate Die-Cut and Paper Pack. I have bought quite a few of the DoCrafts Ultimate Die Cut and Paper packs in different designs, and have made tons of cards from most of the packs, but I've never made a card using the Mocha Geometric collection. I still really love the design, but I don't think I'm ever going to use these to make cards, so this collection will be part of my Use It or Lose It Challenge and I'll be using it to make junk journals, mini books, pockets, tags and so on. For this collection, I'm not planning on clearing out  any left over papers (I'll probably have enough to make some more journals in the future), but I want to try and use the bulk of the die cuts and at least some of each type of item. If I can't use any of a particular item, then I'll lose the lot. 

While I was digging these items out of my collection, I also picked out a selection of plain paper and card-stock to co-ordinate with the mocha colour palette, a few items to start on some Christmas projects, plus a blank accordion journal and some "Sara's Surfaces" pockets which I must have had for at least 10 years. The accordion journal and the pre-made pockets are definitely "Use It or Lose It" items. Let's set a deadline that they have to be used by the end of the year or out they go. 

So, here are my crafting goals for October:

  1. Make a birthday card and some gift tags for my Mum's 70th birthday
  2. Complete at least 4 different papercraft projects using challenges for inspiration
  3. Get started on at least one journal using one of my Bigz dies (make the cover and at least one signature of pages, more pages and other items can continue next month)
  4. Sort out 5 pages of dies or stamps
  5. More sewing practice - some sewn journal pages and some sewing on actual fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peek-a-Boo Snowmen Christmas Cards / Journal Cards

I've been having a lot of fun joining in various papercraft challenges, and particularly enjoy combining several different challenges in...