Friday 22 October 2021

A Mini-Book for my Mum's 70th Birthday

It was my mum's 70th Birthday this week, so I wanted to make something special for her. 

I decided to make a mini-book using Tonic Memory Book dies, layering plain and patterned paper from the DoCrafts Papermania Capsule Collection in Lavender, including two flip-out pages. I assembled die-cut decoupage from the DoCrafts Forever Friends and Tatty Teddy ranges, printed quotes and die-cut them, then added these to the book with a couple of notelets from the same collection as the flowers and some layered paper flowers. 

I wanted to add a special finishing touch, so I decided to create a beaded dangle. I don't have much in the way of beads so I bought a couple of bags of broken jewellery from eBay. It was actually really fun sorting through the bags! I started by creating a tassel using various threads, yarn and ribbon from my stash then added some beads recovered from the broken jewellery. I finished off the beaded dangle by adding some charms to the glittery ribbon. 

Creating this project was really fun, but more importantly my mum really loved it!






I'm entering my mini-book in to the following challenges:
  1. The Sisterhood of Crafters - Happy Birthday
  2. The Paper Funday Challenges -  Challenge #34 - Anything Goes with Optional Twist: Halloween or Use Color Purple
  3. Craft Catz Challenge - Challenge #569 Anything Goes with optional twist 'Add Some Layers'
  4. Incy Wincy Designs - Kindness/Fondness and/or add lace
  5. Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper - October 2021 challenge
  6. Creative Crafting Uncles - #22 - Males go feminin
  7. Happy Little Stampers - October Anything Goes With Dies
  8. Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - Challenge #217 Always Anything Goes
  9. Crafty Creations Challenges - October Challenge (#426) - Anything Goes




7 comments:

  1. Stunning keepsake Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute, lots of creative work, I bet she loved it! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet birthday book for mum! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure your Mom loved it! Such beautiful work. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and something she will treasure lots of work and love has gone into this thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz in our Anything Goes Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation. I love it. Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
    Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning project - so elegant and beautiful!
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Creative Crafting Uncles and good luck. Hope you will join us next challenge again.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete

Peek-a-Boo Snowmen Christmas Cards / Journal Cards

I've been having a lot of fun joining in various papercraft challenges, and particularly enjoy combining several different challenges in...