Monday 15 November 2021

Bookmarks for Christmas Junk Journals

I'm currently working on items to go in the Christmas Junk Journals that I've been putting together, so I decided to make some bookmarks, with a slight twist. Rather than a traditional bookmark, I wanted to create folded bookmarks which are held in place with magnets.

For my first bookmark, I used partial die-cutting with a Tonic tag shaped die to create a card base. I layered a  smaller die cut tag to each side with a magnet underneath. I decorated one side of the bookmark with a sentiment from the same die set, and the other side with a snowman and snowflakes. The inside is blank for journaling space. 


The first bookmark works for most pages in my larger junk journal, but the magnets aren't very strong and won't hold on some of the heavier pages, particularly the coffee-dyed cardstock which is a bit wrinkly. I'll probably use this bookmark in one of my smaller junk journals which don't have the thick wrinkly paper. 

I decided to create a second bookmark where the magnet is not covered, to see whether this would work well on thicker pages in my junk journal. The second bookmark was quick and easy, using a couple of offcuts of card and paper along with some die-cut elements from the Papermania "At Christmas" collection by Lucy Cromwell. I attached the magnets on the inside, and tested it on my junk journal. This bookmark holds well even on the thicker and crinklier pages, so I'll be making more bookmarks with the magnets uncovered to use in my other junk journals.


I'd like to enter this project in the following challenges:

  1. The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog - Challenge #491 Bookmark
  2. C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Challenge #617 Christmas
  3. Craft Rocket Challenges - Challenge 87 - Winter / Snow
  4. Allsorts Challenge - Week 650 - Christmas
  5. Dare 2B Artzy - November Challenge: Tags / Bookmarks

5 comments:

  1. Aaahh, this is so cute and such a wonderfully creative way to make a bookmark. Hopefully stronger magnets will do the trick for your fussier paper. Thanks for joining in at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts Christmas theme this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely, a nice little stocking filler too. Thanks for sharing them with us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, thanks for sharing with us this week at the Paper Shelter.
    Julie TPS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Total cuteness!! Thanks for joining us a CRAFT Challenge this week
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete

Peek-a-Boo Snowmen Christmas Cards / Journal Cards

I've been having a lot of fun joining in various papercraft challenges, and particularly enjoy combining several different challenges in...